Experienced Unity DeveloperWe are looking for an experienced Unity Developer to join our small, growing, unstoppably awesome team in Los Angeles. The Unity Developer will be helping to build out high performance Unity-based applications on multiple platforms, using existing standards, conventions, and product architecture. You'll also be helping with high-concept game design and overall product direction, for one very successful mobile game and more to come. Plus, you'll be working in a super-cool office with a bunch of thoroughly tolerable people.
- Work closely with our team to support our existing games and develop new projects across multiple platforms
- Fully conversant in C# for development and implementation of code structures and user interface systems in Unity, from concept through public release.
- Ensure compliance with all platform-specific software requirements.
- Debug and optimize software for high performance on multiple platforms and devices.
- Implement relevant SDKs and third-party software.
- Maintain code cleanliness and readability, and provide code documentation where required.
- Fix bugs and ensure all games maintain a smooth and problem-free user experience
- Implement and utilize animation systems in Unity, especially character/animal animation.
- Implement and utilize with procedural generation (including 3D mesh and texture generation) systems, procedural animation, and/or inverse kinematics.
- Appear in public-facing media such as behind-the-scenes videos and "dev diaries" on YouTube, Twitch, podcasts, and/or other platforms.
We'll Be Even Happier If You Have...
- Significant experience with procedural animation.
- Experience with Unity shaders, especially custom shader creation
- Experience with networking systems and online games, especially Firebase.
- Unity development experience for console platforms.
- Unity development experience for PC/Mac platforms.
- Unity development experience for VR games.
You'll Enjoy Your Job More If You Have...
- An interest in astronomy, space exploration, and the practical process of colonizing and terraforming other worlds.
- An interest in zoology, environmentalism, ecosystem design, and animal anatomy.
- Experience with macOS computers and software.
- A passion for enriching games with details and mechanics drawn from real-world science and history.
- A willingness to try new ideas and break traditional game design conventions.
Edgeworks Entertainment is located in the Silver Lake area of Los Angeles, California, and we do not currently accept remote work. Check out our culture deck here to get a sense of who we are and whether you might like being a part of our team.
If you'd like to apply for this position, please send us an email with your resume and cover letter.